I Made A Portrait Of Robin Williams Entirely With Bottle Caps - Bottle Caps Art Mosaic

bottle caps art

I made a portrait of Robin Williams entirely with bottle caps. This is one of my favorite art projects. Robin Williams is a man who has influenced me a lot through his films. I liked how there was a lot of comedy laughter in his films, but there was always a thought in the background about the serious things about life and the relationships between us humans. This is the art project I've been working on the longest. I start collecting caps maybe in the two thousand and six, many, many years ago. At the beginning I was collecting for a collection of different brands caps. Then I decided to make some art from caps but I didn't know what exactly and one day I started making mosaics. The arrangement of the caps took about 2 or 3 months. The picture only existed for a few hours. Because I have no place to store it. For the audience, the most amazing and most difficult seems to be the arrangement of the caps in the correct order. But in fact the most difficult thing is before, it is very difficult to collect such a number of caps with the specific colors you need. I had a big problem because there was only one brand of beer with a white cap in my country, and they changed the design of the cap to another color when I had not yet collected half of the caps. Then follows sorting and counting, then straightening. Each of the caps must be straightened because it bends when the bottle is opened. Some caps warp a little, but others more. If you arrange a mosaic with curved caps, some rows become longer and others shorter. So all the caps have to be straightened, this process is very difficult and time consuming. 

I glued the caps on cardboard squares, and finally arranged them all in the backyard
bottle caps art


During the arrangement, a funny incident happened, a cat appeared and tried to destroy the picture.
bottle caps art


bottle caps art



Some facts: Resolution - 145x205 Total number of caps - 29,725 Weight of all caps 60 kg - 132 pounds Height - 5,84m Width - 4,10m



Every project I do takes me time and materials, so if you like my projects please support me in Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/EdwardBlackRose . This will allow me to invest more in my projects. Thank you!



Comments